COVID-19 guidelines for the PRF 2022 Origin Trip Experience in Colombia
In June 2022, the Origin Trip Experience of the PRF event will take place. This three-day trip will see groups of roasters travel to various coffee farms across Colombia, giving them the opportunity to learn more about Colombian coffee productions.
They will also participate in cupping sessions, roundtable discussions, and other activities related to the harvesting and processing of coffee.
To make sure that everyone (both hosts and travelling roasters) remains safe during this process, we’ve put together a brief list of guidelines, which we will be regularly updating should international and local guidance change.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that you travel as smoothly as possible and stay safe in the process of doing so.
General COVID-19 guidelines for the Origin Trip Experience
In addition to the requirements set out by the Colombian government, we have compiled our own guidelines for the safety of all those involved in the Origin Trip Experience.
For the Origin Trip Experience, you must:
- Not travel to stay with your host if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild.
- Not travel to stay with your host if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or someone who has experienced COVID-19 symptoms.
We also ask that you:
- Regularly wash your hands or sanitise them using the stations provided.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay up to date with any other local restrictions pertaining to COVID-19 (which are subject to change).
- Inform your host or PRF representative immediately if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, even if mild.
- Avoid greetings such as hugging, kissing, or handshakes.
- Dispose of used paper napkins immediately.
- Avoid sharing cups, plates, and cutlery.
- Respect any additional guidance shared by your host.
We also encourage all guests to wear a mask wherever possible in order to limit the potential spread of the virus. When wearing a mask, please ensure that you cover your nose and mouth to increase its efficacy.
Hosts will also be encouraged to use a modified cupping protocol for all cupping sessions, to minimise the risk of transmission and contamination.
They will also receive separate comprehensive guidance before the trip begins on how to properly sanitise and prepare the areas where you will stay, to ensure that your trip is safe and comfortable.
Travelling to Colombia
- International travel guidance varies based on country, and is subject to change.
- We recommend reviewing national guidelines before you depart. If you are at all unsure, please contact your embassy in Colombia.
For more information on attending our Origin Trip Experience in Colombia, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to learn more about COVID-19 and travel, see the WHO Guidelines here.