Our target market for the Producer Roaster Matchmaking campaign includes roasters and green coffee importers, with a specific focus on:
- Roasters/importers looking to purchase coffees scoring between 80 and 84 points with a minimum lot size of one container.
- Roasters/importers looking to purchase coffees scoring between 84 and 88 points with a minimum lot size of half a container.
All coffees sold through this matchmaking programme will:
- Be traceable
- Be differentiated down into subcategories
- Women-only, young producers, organic producers, and so on.
- Allocate a premium per pound to support a hurricane relief programme
- Benefit from the wider PRF promotional campaign and branding
The macro-lots will be sold at an agreed minimum market price plus a premium of US 7.5 cent per lb going towards hurricane relief.
Micro-lot prices will be negotiated independently between roasters and exporters.
Unlike at auctions, we expect roasters to prefer forward buying, and subsequently want them to begin discussions with exporters several months before the coffee is shipped.
When dealing with large volumes (i.e. one container or more), roasters may choose to partner with an importer. This will help them to more effectively manage risk, and protect them against supply-side issues.