How does the Cold Brew Competition work?
On day one, a set number of competitors will need to complete the brewing process and be assessed by a technical judge, who will ensure all criteria are met.
On day two, competitors will be required to present their cold brew in three different formats:
- Pure concentrate; minimum 30ml
- Diluted concentrate; minimum 30ml; ratio at competitor’s discretion
- Designer non-alcoholic drink; must contain competitor’s concentrate
Three judges will then assess the sensory qualities of the finished products and declare a winner.
Each competitor will use the following:
- Toddy Cold Brew Cupping Kit (set of three)
- Clean water
- Toddy SB Paper Filters or
- Toddy SB Tree Free Filters